Winnipeg: 204-779-0714 | Calgary: 403-243-0448 | Regina / Moose Jaw: 306-757-6022 | Contact Us

Cross Border Moving

Cross-Border Moving

Two Amigos & Company offer a complete cross border moving service that has become one of the most reliable and time efficient services today. Whether you are moving to Canada or to the U.S., we can handle all of your relocation needs. Our estimators and agents are well informed on cross border moving so we can assist you and your family with all cross border services.

We offer the following services for US relocations:

  • Bonded U.S. and Canadian carrier
  • U.S. military shipment
  • Fully insured
  • Fully equipped moving units
  • Professional reliable staff
  • Lowest price guarantee!


For your US relocation, you will also need to provide Two Amigos & Co. with the following documentation:

If you are a Canadian citizen:

  • A passport and photo identification
  • Birth certificate
  • Work visa or I-94 multiple entry for himself and family
  • Social insurance number
  • A 3299 Form

If you are returning to the United States:

  • Passport and photo identification
  • Birth certificate
  • Social security number
  • A 3299 Form

If it is an Estate move:

  • Notarized letter from the Trustee of the Estate
  • Death Certificate
  • 3299 Formfilled out in the name of the US resident


If you are sending a vehicle to the United States, it will need to meet specifications of the U.S. Federal Emission Standards and U.S. Federal Safety Standards. Please ask your Two Amigos & Co. representative on how to obtain this information.


The “United States Bioterrorism Act, 2002” prohibits the inclusion of food and related items from being imported into the United States on a commercial carrier truck unless the owner of the goods has received prior notice approval from the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) office. This restriction is applied to all commercial carriers including household goods movers.

For purposes of this customs regulation, food and food related items include: Canned goods, candy, snack food, infant formula, dietary supplements and dietary ingredients, beverages, pet food, vegetables, fish and seafood, dairy products, eggs and food and feed ingredients.

A customer can however move food and food related items in their personal vehicle or in their luggage if traveling by air or rail. The items must be made available to U.S. Customs for inspection. If transported by one of these methods, then prior FDA approval is not required.

Customers who want to obtain the necessary prior notice approval from FDA in order to include their food items in their household goods shipments, traveling on a commercial moving van, should contact the FDA at 1-866-521-2297 for more information. A comprehensive booklet “Prior Notice of Imported Food Questions and Answers” is published by the FDA and can be found on their website at:


There are a number of restrictions relating to firearms. It is best not to ship these items with your household. You must contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) to obtain an import permit. Some antique firearms are exempt from this requirement but you should speak to the ATF for full information. Call them at: 202-927-7777.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture has recently imposed a ban on the importation of household plants and bare-rooted outdoor plants. Contact your local customs office for more information.

CUSTOMS Contact Information

U.S. Customs Office
P.O. Box 7407
Washington, DC 20044
(202) 354-1000
(go to Importing/Exporting icon and then to Informal Entries & Goods for personal use)

Form 3299 is also available for submission online through the US customs website. Visit for more information on relocating to the United States of America.

To obtain any of the forms mentioned above or to find out more information, please call your Two Amigos & Co. representative for assistance.